Shortly before the start of this year’s LogiMAT (19 – 21 February 2019), 4logistic Ltd presents the WT8005. The company was mainly known for its industrial panel PCs and mobile workstations. Under the WorkTab brand, 4logistic is presenting a real handheld MDE for the first time.
The WT8005 is a rugged industrial mobile computer with the features of a smartphone. As operating system Android Oreo runs with Google services, a 4,000 mAh battery ensures long running times. The capture of barcodes is possible via a scanner. An NFC reader makes the reading of tags possible.
The powerful mobile computer is operated with a quad-core processor and 2 GB RAM. Together they ensure that the device does not reach its performance limit. The modern Android 8.1 operating system, which can only be found on a few industrial devices so far, also offers intelligent battery management, multitasking and more performance. The WT8005 is Google certified and optionally available with “GMS” services such as the Play Store or Google Assistant.
Versatile and robust, the WorkTab WT8005 is ideal for users with high expectations. Data is captured using an integrated Honeywell 1D or 2D bar code scanner. The 1D laser is convincing through highest precision and speed. The alternative 2D imager features a variety of compatible codes and red point and scan guidance. In addition, the WT8005 has an 8 megapixel camera for capturing signatures, delivery notes or damage. The internal 16 GB memory can be easily expanded to up to 128 GB at any time using a micro SDXC card.
The WT8005 is equipped with both dual-band WLAN and LTE. It supports users on the sales floor, for inventories as well as for transport, logistics and production. The battery can easily be replaced directly by the user for longer periods of use. The housing offers all-round IP65 protection and can withstand falls of up to 1.2 m.
WorkTab WT8005 Features:
- Rugged handheld mobile computer for field and indoor use
- User-friendly Android 8.1 Oreo including Google Services
- Huge 4,000 mAh battery for long battery life
- High-resolution 5″ HD MultiTouch Display
- High performance 1D or 2D barcode scanner from Honeywell included
- Internal memory expandable up to 128 GB
- Powerful 1.45 GHz Quad-Core CPU with 2 GB DDR3 RAM
- IP65 protection and 1.2 m fall protection for rough everyday working conditions according to MIL-STD 810G
- Tool-free battery change possible
- 11 a/b/g/n Dual-Band WLAN and Bluetooth 4.0 BLE
- Highspeed 3G/LTE for mobile voice and data communication
- Integrated NFC Reader
- Micro USB 2.0 port
- 8 megapixel camera and Full HD webcam for documentation and video telephony
- Assisted GPS for fast navigation and positioning
- Extended operating temperature range
- Additional scanner handle and docking station with extra battery charging slot, USB & Ethernet connection optionally available
“With the WT8005, we are pleased to have an important addition to our growing WorkTab portfolio,” says Markus Nicoleit, Product Manager at 4logistic. “The WT8005 is an absolutely versatile and compact Android handheld at an attractive price. Smaller customers who do not have their own system solution can access the complete world of the Play Store through Google certification. Its robustness makes it the ideal companion whether in the warehouse, sales areas or in the field”.
The WorkTab WT8005 will be exhibited for the first time at LogiMAT 2018 in Stuttgart from February 19 to 21, 2019. Visit stand A68 in hall 8. It will be available from the second quarter of 2019 through direct sales or system partners. Further information can be found at www.4logistic.de .